Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Vegas Baby!

So me and Rodney took a little vacation to Vegas the last weekend of February and we had sooo much fun! The flight we were on was scheduled to leave at 6 a.m. and since we had an hour and a half drive to the airport and we had to be there at 5 so we left our house at 3:30 a.m! For those of you who know me pretty well know I am definitely NOT a morning person and this didn't sound like fun to me at all. Not only did we have to leave that early but I had to work til midnight the night before... So we decided to pull an all nighter together and sleep on our flight and then take a nap after we got to Vegas. It worked out pretty good - we were pretty delirious and everything was funny to us at first, then we got really tired and just wanted to sleep.
Here's a picture of the inside of our first hotel room. We stayed in the Luxor the first night with my brother Cody and his fiance Cortney. The Luxor rocks! It was so much fun and an awesome hotel...
(Me and Cortney) Before we went out to that night to walk the strip we hung out in our hotel room with my uncle Vince and aunt Lindsey - It was so much fun hanging out with them. I don't get to see Cody and Cortney very often because they live in Scottsdale, so it was definitely nice to just get to hang out and talk and catch up! Haha when they got in their "picture pose" we couldn't quit laughing cuz Rodney looks like he's about to get bounced out of a club! He looks so small between the two white shirts... (Left is Vince, Right is Cody) .
We had fun walking down the strip and seeing the different casino's. We stopped and watched the water show at the Belagio and Rodney had fun taking tons of pictures of it - none of them turned out that great because the water was constantly moving but here's the best one. I also got to meet a pretty big celebrity!! That's right. It was spongebob. :) Excalibur had some sort of Spongebob ride/video thing so they had this huge spongebob out in the casino to promote it. I was pretty excited. I love spongebob! I made Rodney stop and take a picture of it, even though Rodney doesn't approve of my love for spongebob he did it. haha. The rest of the night was filled with yoga on the moving walkways, riding the tram, and eating some yummy food!The next day we switched hotel rooms and went and stayed at Mandalay Bay with my parents. They had bought this crazy suite that was like 1500 sq feet and it had two huge bathrooms and two rooms and a living room/kitchen. Wow it was awesome. This is the view from our new room... (you can see the Luxor out the window)
We went and had a great breakfast with my parents and Cody and Cortney and then we went straight to the {pool}! Yeah - that's right - It was soo warm down there. We played in a wave pool for a while and a lazy river and layed in the sun. It was great to get some sun and relax. Then it was time to get ready for our great night we had ahead of us. We went to see a concert, Big Head Todd and the Monsters, at the House of Blues in the Mandalay Bay and it was fantastic!! They played so long and rocked out so hard - it was amazing. I couldn't take any pictures because the security guards confiscated my camera upon our arrival. I was not very happy about it. Not only did they not let us take our camera in but they made us pay $5 to "check" it. Overall this was so much fun and I couldn't have asked for a better trip! (There's my mom, me, Rodney, step-dad Kevin, Lindsey, Vince, Cortney and Cody.)

4 comments:

Matt and Jenni said...

JEALOUS!! I have ALWAYS wanted to stay at the Luxor, and have never been able to...YET!! When I was little I lived in Vegas for a small time, and they were just building the Luxor then...and I thought it looked like the coolest building I had ever seen. But, I have always been obsessed with pyramids and Egypt and shiz. So hooray for you! Glad you had so much fun! :)

.:.Queen B..:. said...

How fun! And I too am totally {JeALoUs}! I told Nick we have to go back ASAP! Ah man, you guys look like you had so much fun!

Ryan and K'Dee said...

I'm so jealous you met sponge bob!! You guys look like you had a blast! you'll definitely have to show me the town one time..

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had SO much fun! Rod does look tiny between those two white shirts. Thanks for sending me that blog address. Its a fun one. It sure was fun driving with the two of you this weekend. Everytime I am with you two I can't help but be so very glad Rodney has found such a wonderful person to marry!! Speaking of weddings... let me know if you need help with anything.