Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Proposal!

We're engaged!! So here's a shortened version of the proposal for those of you who don't know it yet... if you want more details just ask. Rodney had been telling me that he was doing some suprise for my birthday for quite some time. Then on 12/20, the night before my birthday, he asked! He took me out to my favorite restaurant Chili's.
After that he blindfolded me and drove me all over town and we finally ended up at the anniversary inn. This is a picture of the room he asked me in. He put a bouqet of my favorite flowers on this checker board and a little note. Once I finished reading it he proposed. It was the BEST night ever! :)


4 comments:

Meg Beau said...

OMG!!! That is the cutest story I have ever read in my life! I am sooooo happy for you 2!! CONGRATS!

Tresa Enright said...

The weekend before, Rodney drove to our house in Perry and asked us, her parents, for Rissa's hand. It was so darling! We were all in tears. Of course we said YES! Rodney is a wonderful addition to our family. We love you very much Rodney, and couldn't be more happy about the person Rissa (one of the three most important people in my life), chose to spend her life with. You two are such a great couple!

Rawlings Family said...

So fun...what a great idea! You should keep him!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh... I'm all teary eyed from your parent's comment on here. So sweet. I'm so glad to know they love my brother! What a great family he is marrying into.